Thursday, March 22, 2012

"Salome" finds a home

My short story "Salome" has been accepted by the online magazine Jersey Devil for their June issue.  It's funny, I've been sitting on this news for about a week.  The first story I got published seemed a milestone, but I thought that maybe it wasn't "professional" to keep putting up notices about subsequent ones.  I don't consider myself a natural short-story writer but I do have another one rattling around out there which I hope to place soon.  I think it's the best I've written so far, but it could easily be a year before I write another one.

Jersey Devil is published in New Jersey, naturally, and they have a small press (Jersey Devil Press) as well.  They specialize in the offbeat, as you might guess.  The Jersey Devil itself is a Bigfoot-like creature that is supposed to haunt the pine barrens of Southern New Jersey.

I'll post a link once the story is up.

2 comments:

Laurel Garver said...

Congrats, Laura. That's great news. And honestly, writing can be so rejection filled, it's always nice to hear good news.

Mary Aalgaard said...

Congrats! It's great to hear good news. It encourages us all. Write on!