Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My new blog

Since last year I've been collecting YA novels of a different era -- mass market teenage girls' books from the late 50s/early 60s. I've started a new blog, The Paris Hat, to take a light-hearted look at some of the ones I have. Most of them are fun to read, and quite often they have something kind of unexpected to them. Who would think that a popular teen author would write a book about machine politics in a small town? Or that a date with the town's handsomest boy would lead to a spree of pyromania? Or that the self-esteem raising phrase "we're all winners" was actually in use in 1961?
Check it out if you're interested. I will probably update it once a week or so. (I wrote some of these posts in draft versions, and now Blogger is using the draft dates, from last week, so the dating might be a little screwy.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love The Paris Hat illustration!

btw, I left you a lovely little something a my blog.

Laura Canon said...

I think that picture seduced me into buying the book off a used book table in the middle of nowhere.